If you are having any trouble breastfeeding please give us a call. We can refer you to excellent lactation consultants, suggest herbs for milk production, advise about mastitis, answer many questions about breastfeeding.
Did you know that…
- breastfeeding is a skill to learned by both mama and baby? It takes excellent instruction and practice to get it right
- the World Health Organization and the Canadian Pediatric Society recommend mothers breastfeed their kids for “up to 2 years and beyond”
- breast milk is the perfect food for babies
- breastfeeding helps satisfy the emotional needs of children
- breast milk’s content changes as children grow older
- breast milk contains immune molecules that help children fight infection and decreases the risk for auto immune reactions, including allergies and asthma, and decreases the risk for certain childhood cancers
- breastfeeding helps decrease insulin requirements in diabetic mothers
- breastfeeding decreases the risk for breast cancer, endometrial cancer and uterine cancer for women
- there are many many more reasons why breast is best!
Let us know if you’re having trouble. We can help.